Sharing 6 motivational books to set yourself up for success! Oh, and an outfit:)
Get the Look:
Reading to me is a major form of self-care. And now that audiobooks are a thing (thank goodness for Audible), I finally have time to “read”! Whether I’m sitting in traffic on my way to work or on the treadmill at the gym, audiobooks are a great way to better myself and grow.
Last year I made self-development a pillar in my mission to become a better human. Battling depression will teach you that having the right mindset can make all the difference, which is why adding motivational narratives into my reading rotation was necessary. Today I thought it’d be interesting to share some of my favorite motivational books and share why I think they’re worth the read. These authors have spoken to my soul and given me the opportunity to challenge myself, create new habits, and try things. I encourage you to pick one or two of these to add to your reading list, and if you’ve already read any of these, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
5 Audiobooks to Inspire Your Best Life
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be – I legitimately think that every woman needs to read this. I felt the impact of this book in so many ways. It shifts the way you talk to yourself, and other women, which results in improving the perception of yourself to the world. Rachel made me feel like a friend and gave me both the tough love and pep talk I needed to hear. I love that she doesn’t sugarcoat her message and gives you real-world advice in funny ways.
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage – If you are someone who struggles with taking action or self-doubt, it is essential you read this book. The author, Mel Robbins, share the story about how she stumbled upon the 5-second rule and how it not only transformed her life but the life of hundreds of other people. Whether you need help staying on task, getting motivated to get up in the morning, or need to stay focused – this book shows you the impact of the small steps needed to make great change in your life.
- You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness – I love that Jen Sincero does not hold back! This book keeps you honest about your own intentions and actions and shifts the way you see yourself. After I read this book, I legitimately believed in myself and my capabilities. In the end, you realize that everything starts with you – the way you see and think about yourself and that in order to change the world you have to believe in yourself.
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle sets the stage for changing your entire outlook on life. It’s one of those books that really makes you think about how you live your life and how to move forward once you pivot your focus. There are for sure some mind-challenging concepts but the message of enlightenment is still clear. This book helps in understanding the concepts of ego and the mind and their influence your life.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – I’m not going to lie, at first I didn’t like this book but as I continued reading it my mind was changed. Ironically enough this is a great self-help book for people who tend to hate self-help books, LOL! I feel like this book really put into perspective that you can grow out of failure, and does a great job at show reader their true values. Mark Manson does a good job of illustrating how the trivial and mundane parts of life do not matter and highlights how to focus (yet move on from) on the problems that are actually important.
Did you enjoy this type of post? If so, you might also like reading about My Favorite Podcasts!
Get the Look: