Since I’m obviously fiending for cooler temps (evidence here) I thought I’d share with you some of my Fall must-haves. Some of these pieces are items I’ve recently acquired, some are just worth investing in for the coming season and some are summer pieces already hangingin our closets that can easily transition into Fall.
- Baseball tee: the sporty stable is a surprisingly versatile item. Dress it up with a pencil skirt and heels or take the traditional route with boyfriend jeans and sneakers. Either way, the baseball tee is perfect for adding a little fun twist to an otherwise boring outfit.
- Burgundy: doesn’t this color scream Fall?! I can easily see this color taking over as a replacement for classic black pants come Fall.
- Loafers: loafers are having a moment right now and that moment will continue well into Winter. Many brands are hopping on the bandwagon and creating their own version, so there are options available at every price point. Spend: Cole Hann, Dolce Vita Save: Target, Gap
- Brights: whether your sporting bright skinnies or a sunny dress, keep your brights around for yet another season. Trust me when I say I don’t think this trend is going away anytime soon. However I do think you’d have to make appropriate accommodations to style up your brights in tune with the Fall weather. Leather jackets, ankle booties, cardigans? Layer, layer,layer!
- Navy Blazer: a piece I’ve been hunting for years, I finally snagged up a navy blazer at H&M a couple weeks back (at a steal!). The ideal layering piece and a fun way to add a little structure to a casual ensemble, the navy blazer is a total Fall must-have. Cute silhouette
- LWD: don’t put away your favorite little white dress just yet. I think the LWD will come in handy during the cooler months, it just needs to be styled appropriately. Try pairing with riding boots, a tweed blazer and a jewel toned scarf for a seasonal look.