“Your life’s purpose is somewhere between your dreams and your blog,” Keynote speaker Kendi of Kendi Everyday
While the Texas Style Council Conference was a lot of networking and a lot of wardrobe envy, it wasn’t all fun and games. On Sunday the 271 attendees gathered at the Blanton Museum of Art for the main event and the reason we were all there: the Symposium. With panels lead by Jessie of Style & Pepper, Kristina of Pretty Shiny Sparkly, not to mention reps from rewardStyle and Lucky Magazine we had the pleasure to listen and take in an abundance of helpful information. Topics ranging from balancing your blog and your life, to ways to improve your writing, we got to hear from very talented and knowledgeable woman in the fashion and journalism field.
By the end of the symposium there was a lot of information in the air, some helpful and some not so helpful. Here is some of the advice that rang true to me:
- Networking within your blogging community is just as important as networking in real life
- Define yourself, define your blog
- Have content that is true to your voice
- There is such thing as blogger burnout. Take this time to find inspiration from the blogging community
- You don’t need to post everyday – cut yourself some slack!
- Learn to say no
- Only you stand between the dream and the reality of what you want your blog to be
I had such a great time during TxSC and I hope to attend next year. I met so many amazing women and got so much inspiration! I would highly recommend bloggers to attend the conference in the future. New friends, new outlook, better blog!