Sharing quick thoughts about my most recent book binge.
If you’re new around here, you should know that I listen to my books versus reading them. I’m a busy mom that works 40hrs a week and I don’t really have the luxury of sitting down and relaxing with a good book. Ok, so we got that out of the way.
This isn’t going to be a long winded review of the books because that’s not what I do and I’m sure you don’t want to read that from me. But what this post is is my super quick thoughts of the Harry Potter book series from someone that took way too long to finally read them. So here we go:
- The books are far superior than the movies! Like, they blow the movies out of the water. I think it’s cool to see some of the special effects come to live in the movies, so I can’t take that away, but I feel like there’s more character development in the books.
- Ginny is my favorite character from the books and the movies water her down to nothing. There I said it. She’s such a bad ass, take no shit character in the books why did they have to do her dirty in the movies. She’s so bland and barely a character, which sucks.
- My favorite HP movie is Goblet of Fire but my favorite book would have to be Prisoner of Azkaban.
- The Harry / Ginny relationship is completely different in the books, like completely?! What the hell?
- While they did a good job at redeeming Snape in the movies, I loved how carefully they did so in book. In book 7 they make it more compelling and you truly feel for Snape and all he’s been through.
- I am so thankful they didn’t include the whole house elf storyline to the movies. Snooze fest.
- Everyone is a big fan of HP and the Chamber of Secrets and I think it was just okay. I don’t really get the hype. I think the same with the movie too.
So, have you read all the Harry Potter books or are they too juvenile for you? Have you watched the movies? If you’ve done both, do you have a preference?