Going old-school and creating a visual representation of how I want my 2021 to unfold.
When my husband found me at the kitchen table cutting out from magazine, presentation board and glue stick in hand, he said I looked like a little kid. Let me live, bro! That night I had gotten it in my head that I needed to create a vision board. Now, I don’t know if I believe the hype of vision boards but I see people creating them all the time, so why not me? Any good vibes I can bring in to 2021 are welcome.
Creating a Vision Board
- You’ll need a board, tape, glue, and/or thumb tacks.
- Grab a couple of magazines and go old school with finding pictures and phrases to add to your board or print out them out. You can head to Pinterest for inspiration, too.
- I like to cut out images and words that inspire me or that I want to accomplish this year (ex: I included words like “enough” “confidence” “bloom”, images of women that inspire me, colors that I love, and brands that I want to work with, etc.).
- Arrange your words and images on the board in an appealing way.
- This is a great exercise in positive thinking and I’m interested to looking back and see if any off my visions came true.