Sharing my top 10 Trader Joe’s recommendations. From frozen meals, to sauces and spices, here is my list!
I’m one of the lucky people that lives within a few miles of my local Trader Joe’s. I’m not kidding you, it’s maybe 5-minutes up the road from me and for that I am thankful. Like many, I love TJs! I shop there as if it were a boutique grocery store, only grabbing things to spice up or dinners or make it generally easy. Now, personally I don’t think of Trader Joe’s as a typical grocery store. I only shop there to snag some easy, yet delicious frozen meals, some must-taste dips, and the occasional treat. For our usual produce I hit up my local grocery store.
I often share our meals over on Instagram, and whenever I feature a TJs items I get tons of additional suggestions to add to my list. Over the last year or so, I’ve been taking that list of suggestions and trying them for myself. So without further adieu, here are my top 10 picks from Trader Joe’s! I also included some honorable mentions for fun!
My Trader Joe Recommendations
- Gorgonzola Gnocchi (found in the frozen section) – This is a Casa de Mason favorite. Both my husband and I love the gorgonzola gnocchi. Two bags usually is enough with some leftovers for me.
- Crispbreads (found in the bread rack) – If you follow a low-carb diet, this is a great find to have on hand. I like it to add crunch to my breakfasts. Whether I use it for avocado toast or crumble it over some eggs, I love the nutty flavor of these crisps.
- Flowers (found in the entry) – You can’t hit up TJs without checking out their flower selection. I try to grab a fresh bouquet at every visit because they usually have a great selection of seasonal flowers.
- Chili Lime Seasoning (found in the seasoning rack) – This is a personal fave! I love to sprinkle this over fruit, specifically mangos. I feel like this would be good with pineapple too. I’ve tried this with eggs and it’s not that bad.
- Shrimp Patties (found in the frozen section) – I love these for lunch! When I have leftover rice, I heat one of these bad boys up on the stove, cut up and add to a bowl with some type of dressing.
- Korean Short Ribs (found in the frozen section) – This is another Casa de Mason favorite. They are packed with flavor and fairly easy to make (over the stove). I typically make the and the gnocchi together.
- Chocolate Croissants (found in the frozen section) – These are sooooo good! For the past few years, I only got these for Christmas morning as a fun precursor to our large breakfast feast. But after the year that 2020 was, we’ve had these just as a fun surprise on random Saturdays.
- Elote Corn Chips (chip section) – This is probably my personal favorite item from TJs. They are so flavorful and can be eaten alone or with a dip. I usually heat up some refried beans and enjoy this as a mid-day snack.
- Mushroom Risotto (found in the frozen section) – This is another item both my husband and I absolutely love. This is great for when I have plain chicken and want to spice up a meal. TIP: I like to add more cheese, preferably Parmesiano Ressiano.
- Chipotle Vegetable Quesadillas – These are another great quick lunch option. I like to dip into TJs Siracha Ranch dressing.
Honorable Mentions: Brown rice, hash brown patties, Argentinian Frozen Shrimp, Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, and the Chili Onion Crunch.