Cramming all the highlights from the year, your favorite products, and bidding the year good riddance!
Last year I did a combo post that included my usual Year in Review but in it, I also included the yearly highlights in addition to the top sellers for the entire year. This year, I’m doing the same thing. I figured I’d kill several birds with one stone, you know what I mean. Ain’t no one have time for that. Let’s just get it all done with in one neatly wrap up post. Yay!
Before we jump in, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. It means the WORLD to me when you visit the blog, follow me on Instagram, subscribe to the newsletter, and purchase something that I recommend. Your continual support does not go unnoticed. So thank you!
We can all agree, 2020 was like no other year. And while I rode the struggle bus for most of it, I’m so grateful to be ending it on a positive note. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you might want to read this post. Ok, let’s get to it!
- Meeting up with local IG friends for brunch, pre-COVID.
- Going on runs with Remy, girl is getting good!
- Finding and getting obsessed with TikTok.
- Getting creative with the kids and expanding our craft projects.
- Running my first, second, and third 10k! I’m not a distance runner so I’m hella proud of myself.
- Having a virtual 35th birthday party in the midst of a pandemic.
- Getting good use of our inflatable pool and slip and slide!
- My sister graduating Law School! She’s a lawyer!!
- Furnishing our patio and back porch – finally! I got to spend tons of time working outside this summer and fall.
- Officially making our summer family vacation a tradition! This year we drove to Deep Creek, Maryland for a long weekend with family friends and had a blast!
- Practicing my baking and cake decorating skills for the kiddos.
- Voting and letting my voice be heard!
- Theo starting soccer for the first time. It may not be his sport but we shall see.
- Somewhat surviving virtual school.
- Standing by my cousin’s side as she got married.
- Trying something different with my hair and loving it! But also continuing to embracing my curls.
- Escaping for a night away with a few girlfriends and trying to learn the WAP dance, LOL!
- Still trying to experience some joy during the worst year of my life.
My Top 5 Posts of 2020
- Tula Product Review
- My Favorite Curly Hair Masks and Deep Conditioners
- Megababe Product Review
- Strange Bird Product Review
- Quick Old Navy Try On
2020 Top 10 Best Sellers
Everlane Curvy Authentic Stretch High-Rise Skinny Jean – I love my Everlane denim and the ‘curvy fit’ is made for ladies that have larger hips/derrière compared to their waist size. Fit is true to size.
Megababe Happy Pits Detoxifying Underarm Mask – I shared a review of a few Megababe products (read it here) and this one the grandstand winner! I’ve been using weekly and love it! My pits feel refreshed and ready to take on anything after application.
A New Day Animal Print High-Rise Tie Waist Shorts – These shorts were included in a quick Target try-on I did over on Instagram Stories at the beginning of March. They are so cute and comfy so you better believe they went home with me. In case you missed it, here are 3 ways I styled these shorts last week. I recommend sizing up 1.
Aerie Leopard Wrap One Piece Swimsuit – I love this suit! It’s mom-friendly yet a bit sexy which I love. I went up a size because my behind is on the curvier side and it fits great. Currently on sale, too!
Tula Anti-Aging Discovery Kit – I shared a Tula review back in February, and still this is one of my most visited posts. There were some hits, there were some misses, but you can head to that review post to see if the brand is actually worth the hype. Psst, it is!
A New Day Cardigan – This was by far the most purchased item from November! I love that because I love this sweater too. I included it in this post and even dedicating a Reels over on Instagram with different ways to style it!
Target Belt Bag – I love my belt bag and wear it often if I’m running an errand and just need the basics. It fits my big wallet, my phone, keys, and a mask – the essentials. It also comes in black and leopard print.
SDARA Rose Quartz Roller – I did a review featured SDARA products and y’all went wild. Such great skincare products and tools at an amazing price point – winning! I’ve been using this every few days before I mask and I’m loving the results.
JCrewStriped boatneck T-shirt – Every gal needs the perfect stripe top in her wardrobe and this one is one of my favorites! I sized up but I think you can stick true to size.
Lou & Gray Signature Softblen Sweatpants – Totally understand why these are a best sellers since everyone is working from home these days. These are incredibly soft and so comfortable. Fit is true to size and also here are 4 Ways to Wear them.
Shop 2020 Best Sellers: