Looking back at my July goals and looking forward to what August has in store!
Get the Look:
I feel like I blinked and July was over. Anyone else? Happy August friends! I love the start of a new month, it’s like starting a new adventure. Same goes with the start of a new season, and of course the start of a new year. So here we are, August and mama’s got a lot to look forward to this month. Well, that’s not really true but I am excited that we are one month closer to my favorite season – FALL! But if I’m being completely honest, I always feel like August drags on. Here in Northern Virginia, we technically don’t get fall weather until late October/early November, so the whole, “fall is here” is faked until there is a definite chill in the air. However, I don’t think the faking can start until at least September so waiting for August to end is like torture to this girl. I’m rambling, aren’t I? Let’s just jump right into the July Small Goals recap, shall we?
1. Prepare a budget for the #NSale. So I prepared a budget! But did I stick to that budget? Yes and no. I had my game plan for what I’d be purchasing during Early Access of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I was able to purchase my top picks. Win! But then I got influenced by other bloggers and got 1 or 2 additional items which put me over my budget. I’m going to be returning a few my purchases (this, this and this) but I’m still a little disappointed in myself. Because of my returns, however, I’m under my budget! Here’s what I scored during the NSale, but can also read this post for the scoop!
2. Outside of the #NSale, NO SHOPPING. Huge fail on my end. HUGE. Seriously, during this time of the year, every year is when my spending gets completely out of control. Last year it happened, and here we are again spending money I don’t have. I thought that being on vacation would curb my spending but it didn’t. Here are some of the items I purchased:
3. Publish my hair transition post. This one was definitely on me, mainly because I had underestimated how tired I’d be every night during vacation. I was planning to work on the hair post but just never got to it. Promise, this is something I’m going to tackle for the month of August.
4. Reach out to 3 brands to collaborate. Are you noticing a trend here? Vacation through me off. I had 10 fewer days to work on backend blog stuff and I thought I would be able to make it up but didn’t. But guess what, that’s totally okay.
5. Plan out travel-related content. Check! A post on entertaining kids during travel will be going up soon. And there’s (hopefully) more content coming. I plan on publishing a travel diary from Lake Tahoe, too, and maybe a post recapping all my outfits. Stay tuned!
August Small Goals:
1. Stay within my $100 shopping budget. Based on all my spending last month, I’d ideally like to ban shopping for the remainder of the year. But let’s be real here, that’s not going to happen. So in an attempt to curb my shopping, I’ll continue to try and honor my original goal to only spend $100 for the next 30 days. If I end up not shopping at all, AWESOME, but if I do slip that’s okay as long as I stay within my set budget.
2. Plan Theo’s 3rd birthday party. In about a month my little man will be turning THREE! Holy cow, where has the time gone?!? If you read my post about Kids Birthday Parties then you are well aware that 3 is one of the milestone birthdays we celebrate with a shindig in our household. Theo’s birthday lands on a Saturday this year, which is perfect, so all I have to do is decide on a theme and get to planning.
3. Write and publish my hair transition post. Didn’t get it done last month but determined to plan, write, edit and publish the post. Fingers crossed this actually gets done in August.
4. Reach out to 3 brands to collaborate. Another goal that didn’t get done in July that I’m bringing over to my August goals. I need to get better at pitching myself and this blog and this is a great way to do so.
5. Have 1 social media free day. Y’all, I am on my phone a lot. According to my Screen Time tracker, I’m on my phone at least 4 hours a day, 3 of which are spent on social media apps like Instagram and Twitter. That’s a little disgusting. I’d like to take one day this month to be off social media, completely. One day isn’t asking a lot, but for me, it’ll be a struggle.
Get the Look: