Sharing my small goals for the month of March plus breaking down how I did in February!
Get the Look:
Happy Monday! It’s hella early in the morning as I prepare this post for it’s late publishing time, but hey, you’re getting a post so praise for that! I know, this post is not only going up later in the day but the general topic of the post – Small Goals – is going up a little early. We are 3 days away from the end of February so we’re close enough, OKerrrrr.
Anyways, let’s just jump right in, shall we? First things first, I sucked real hard this month. I didn’t complete many of the goals I set out for myself and I’m kicking myself in the butt for being such a slacker. It was a combination of a busy travel month + having other outside forces put a damper in my motivation to do anything productive. But we live and we learn and I plan on making March my bitch (pardon my french)!
1. Stick to a $100 shopping budget. Believe it or not, I actually stuck to this goal for the month of February! Trust me, I’m as shocked as you are. Again, I’m pretty certain it has something to do with the fact that I traveled for two weekends out of the month, but hey, I’m calling it a win! See below for what I bought this month which includes these leopard print flats I’ve had my eyes on for a while! I snagged them on sale for under $50!
2. Schedule doctor appointments. Nope, didn’t schedule ANY appointments.
3. Plan a girl’s meet-up/date.
4. Do a 10×10 challenge. Nope, didn’t do this one either. Once again, travel got in the way, not that I’m complaining. More on how I’m planning to roll this over to March below.
5. Build up my career skills. I actually have been on top of my game when it comes to this goal! I subscribed to the Hubspot Marketing Blog and get daily emails with helpful articles regarding all things marketing. A few of my favorite articles from the past month below:
- 4 Ways to Build Transparency as a Leader
- How to Create an Email Newsletter
- Why Our Formula for Success Is All Wrong
- What Is Marketing?
- 5 Ways Your Boss Wants You to Improve This Year
March Small Goals:
1. Stick to a $100 shopping budget. Obviously, this isn’t changing for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I could stick to my guns in March, however, I’m already lusting over spring wardrobe pieces so…
2. Schedule doctor appointments. This is happening, it has to! I at least need to schedule a dermatologist appointment. If I do that, I consider that a win. The cherry on top would be also scheduling a dentist appointment, but I can’t make any promises.
3. Do a 10×10 challenge. I may not have completed this goal for February, but you better believe it will happen in March! My plan for this weekend is to assess my wardrobe, choose my pieces and plan out 10 outfits for the following 10 days!
4. Ramp up nutrition and fitness. This is a very general goals but I’m not sure where I’m going with it. Lately I’ve been very blah about both my nutrition and fitness, just going about the motions. I need to get back in the game and ramp up my gym time with new and different exercises and get back into eating right instead of eating ALL THE THINGS.
5. Make prayer a daily practice. Not gonna lie, prayer is not a priority in my life. I pray maybe once a week, and that’s if I’m desperate. For the month of March (and beyond, obviously) I want to make prayer a daily practice. I want to show gratitude for the great moments that often get overlooked AND I want to leave it all with God. I’ve already set a reminder on my phone during my drive into work!
There you have it. My February Small Goals recap and a look at what I’ve got planned for the month of March. Tell me, do you set small intentions for your month, day, week?
Get the Look: