I purchased a lot of crap in the last 12 months. Here are the top 10 items that left a memorable impression.
In 2018 I turned to shopping as a form of therapy more so than I have before. Surprisingly, these insignificant purchases went a long way in helping me feel a little bit better about all the chaos I’ve been dealing with behind the scenes. However, I do want to cut back on my shopping habits for 2019 because in reality all the spending is only adding to my stress, but more about that on another day.
I recently did an assessment of my purchases for the year and thought it would be fun to share my top 10 for 2018! Originally I was going to stick to wardrobe favorites but wanted to expand my picks to accessories,shoes and makeup/beauty. Read on to catch my top 10 purchase for the year and why they deserve a mention. I’m also including a few honorable mentions below because narrowing down to 10 was really hard, LOL!
- Black Madewell Overalls – I love my denim overalls so when I saw Madewell release a black pair I knew they had to be mine! I wear them far more than I would have ever expected so they have definitely legitimized themselves as a wardrobe staple in my closet, for sure!
- Amazon Wide Brim Hat – If you are looking for the perfect wide brim hat I cannot recommend this one from Amazon enough! For the price, it can’t be beat and it comes in tons of other colors!
- Natalie Borton Earrings – I seriously wear the mustard yellow tassel earrings at least once a week! They make the perfect subtle statement! I also have the tassel ones in pink and really want the Sydney hoops next! if you’re looking for beautiful, handmade jewelry, look no further than Natalie Borton.
- J.Crew Ballet Flats – I’d been on the hunt for replacement flats for work and stumbled upon these from J.Crew during a sale. Thank goodness I did because they are amazing! Super cute and comfortable, they pair with everything! See how I wore them on the blog here.
- Express Low Heeled Booties – I only just recently got them but they’ve already gotten an epic cost per wear going! I wear them almost every day for work, they are just so comfortable, classic and cute!
- Madewell 9” High-Rise Jeans – I was in need of a really nice pair of denim and these one’s from Madewell do not disappoint. They are uber comfortable, I absolutely love the wash, and they will last a long time. What’s not to love?
- Vans Sneakers – These have become my go-to every day sneakers! I love how comfortable they are for running around with the kids and that they stylish, too! I explain my love for these shoes in this post.
- IT Cosmetics Super Hero Mascara – Let’s e real here, I love mascara and have a ton I consider holy grail, but I think I found the ultimate with this one from IT Cosmetics. Adds volume and length which is the dynamic duo in the beauty world!
- Vanity Planet Face & Body Cleansing Brush – I can confidently say that this brush has dramatically changed my skin! I love all the brush options, I love that it buffs my skin to perfection, and there are always deals so you can get it at a great price.
- Olehenriksen Truth Serum – I legit think this stuff is magic! My skin has been brighter and more supple since I’ve started using this in late November. It is a hefty price tag for the serum along which is why I’m going suggest getting it as the 3 Little Wonder Mini kit. You get the serum and two other wonderful products within the line.
Shop the Post: