So I’ve decided that I wont have an official Year in Review/Best of FabAve post like year’s past. Why? Mainly because this is a year I’d like to put in my rear view mirror. Much like 2016, this just wasn’t my year, and candidly, I don’t want to dwell on the past. I’m ready to move forward, y’all! I’m excited to dominate 2018 and make it my year.
While 2017 kinda whopped my ass, I can’t deny the fact that this was a big year of growth for me. The fact that I came forward about my depression, on the blog no less, was a big step. In the blogging world, if it’s not pretty you don’t share it. And much of 2017 for me was sharing the hard, the gritty, the raw. That willingness to share the “not so pretty” moments was a sign of internal growth, so I call that a win.
I’ve learned this year that without struggle there is no growth, so I’m taking my growth and running with it! This has been a transformative year for me and I’ve come to realize that I hold light but not without also holding darkness. For 2018 I’m going to punch that darkness in the face! Who’s with me! So what does the New Year hold for me? I’ll continue to share love in the presence of pain because that’s all I can do.
I did want to take a page out of Nicole’s book and create an anti-bucket list for 2017. This way, I’m not really dwelling on the hardships of 2017 but more of looking back at the great moments of the year that do stand out in my mind. So without further adieu, here is my 2017 anti-bucket list:
- Most memorable by far was the anniversary trip to Charleston!
- Celebrating Theo’s first birthday!
- The girls trip to Charlottesville was pretty epic, too!
- Celebrating one of my sorority sister’s weddings! This is what I wore!
- As I mentioned before, coming clean about my depression and then finally finding a therapist that get’s me!
- Scoring Fluffy tickets and attending his comedy act at the Kennedy Center!
- Starting up the Shop With Me series.
- Throwing Remy a pretty epic Moana party for her fourth birthday!
- The impromptu beach day that was the star of our summer!
- Realizing that my kid is teaching me a thing or two about life.
- A mini staycation with the fella to celebrate our 32nd birthdays! And seeing Straight No Chaser in concert!
- Finding my inner feminist in a year where many women stood forward to speak their truths.
- Dedicating Theo at our church.
- Completing my goal of hitting up five fairs for the summer!
This will be my last post of 2017 but I hope to see you in 2018! Thanks for always coming by and showing FabAve some love. I cannot thank y’all enough for supporting this little space of mine. Muah and Happy New Year!