As I embrace this new role as a mother of two kids, I’ve been thinking about the parent I want to become. So today I’ve rounded up a few parenting
goals I have for our family:
- I want to teach them to explore, ask questions
and to use their imagination.
- I don’t want them to be afraid to follow their
dreams or their hearts.
- I hope to teach them to be kind. To everyone.
- While Dad tends to be the fun parent, I have a
tendency to be the one that implements the rules. I really want to work on being
spontaneous and easygoing.
- I want to let them know it’s okay to march to
the beat of their own drums. Embrace the weird!
- I want them know that we’ll always be there to
- I want to lead by example.
- I don’t want to be known for always worrying
about making messes.
- I do want to be known for goofy voices, silly
jokes, tickle fights and warm hugs.
- Naturally I want to teach them good manners and
how to respect others.
- I want to worry less about technology and more about playing outside.
- I want them to know they can always make a