When it comes to summer beauty I tend to keep things super simple. I’d rather not be known as the girl with foundation running down her face, so I tend to nix any heavy products and stick to one’s that add glow, add moisture and enhance my summer skin.
Since I was stashing away some of my favorite items for the season, I recently added a butt load of new one’s to my makeup routine to supplement the missing products. Here are just a few:
- Rimmel London Stay Matt Primer – I’m sure I spoken about this primer before but it is just that good! After I’ve applied my moisturize, I rub in a dime size amount of this product to my face and BAM – summer moisture control done right.
- Urban Decay NAKED Skin Concealer (in Medium Natural) – Magic in a bottle, I tell ya! I slather this stuff on under my eyes to hide my dark circles and man oh man does it work. As a tip: I think it applies best with a damp beauty blender.
- The BrowGal’s Brow Gel – I received this product in my May BOXYCHARM and it has easily become my favorite brow gel. Hands down! After I’ve applied my brows with this product I swipe on some of this gel and go about my day without worrying that a hair might come astray. Seriously, glue for your brows! Especially necessary on hot, humid days.
- Wet n Wild’s MegaGlo Contouring Palette – Because I avoid foundation during the summer months, I’ve been using this product to add some glow and to minimize moisture. With a large fluffy brush I use the bronzer to do some light contouring, hitting the areas of my face the sun tends to hit. I then use the translucent ‘banana’ powder to set my under eye concealer and to zap my t-zone before the oils decide to make an appearance.
- HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder (in Dim Light) – I have oily skin so I like to keep my highlighting at a minimum, that’s when this product comes into play. For the most natural, subtle glow, this powder does wonder to my complexion adding just a hint of that JLo glow without being blinding.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – So I’ve tried this mascara many moons ago and thought that it was great. I even included it in my 10 Best Mascara’s post. But for the price ($23) I apparently didn’t think it was worth the hype. Enter my latest trip to Ulta and a trial run around the store and I was SOLD! My lashes looked long, full and voluminous – what more can a gal ask for? So I bit the bullet and haven’t looked back.
Tell me, do you have any summer beauty products that you’re loving? Do share in the comments below!