Some of y’all may have noticed that I didn’t post a BOXYCHARM review for the month of November, and even this post is going up way late. Full disclosure – they effed up, and because I don’t like confrontation of any kind I assumed it was an issue on my end. Long story short, November’s box was sent but lost during the shipping process. When I realized December’s box wasn’t at my doorstep in a timely manner I finally reached out to see what the issue was. I gotta give the BOXYCHARM team props because even with my nasty email they responded in a timely manner and were super nice about it, too. They provided tracking info for my December box and shipped out a brand new November box to fill in the order that was charged and lost! So while November’s review might be a little late (okay, a lot late) I will make sure to post it in 2016! Seriously, if that doesn’t convince you to give BOXYCHARM a go read on to see what I got in this month’s box!
So let’s get to the fun stuff! The December box was dubbed Pop Fizz Clink! in honor of the New Year and had a whole Roaring 20s/Gatsby feel to it. The description reads, “Get ready to revel in the charm of an era of decadence and glamour,” and that’s exactly what you get with the inclusion of some lux products.
- Tatcha Petal Fresh Original Aburatorigami (full size – $12) Made of 100% natural aboca leaf (no clue what this is, I had to look it up), these absorbent facial leaflets collect excess oil from your face without smudging your makeup. It does what it says, oh and also there are tiny flecks of gold throughout which is neat.
- Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow (full size – $15.95) I really like this cream highlight and have been using it on my cheekbones and along the brow bone. It’s very subtle, and while I tend to go for more golden highlight shades, this ones more of a frosty pearl.
- NCLA So Rich Cuticle Oil (full size – $18) I’m pretty certain we’ve gotten an NCLA polish before in our box, so I was eager to try this out. During my latest at-home mani, I followed the directions and dabbed some oil along my cuticles massaging while I pushed back my cuticle beds. It definitely softens the skin and makes it a lot easier to remove cuticles.
- Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask (full size – $23) So this was the only thing added to my hair for this week’s blowout and I gotta say, it left my hair hella soft and smooth! Enriched with 100% Argan Oil, it’s meant for people with color-treated, dry and damaged hair. Guilty!
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick (full size – $19.90) So I’ve been itching to try Ofra liquid lipsticks but was not willing to pay almost $20 for a lip product, that is until I tried it! The formula of this stuff is amazing! It’s creamy and moisturizing and the color (Americano) is the most subtle shade of brown.
- Bellapirre Waterproof Gel Lip Liner (full size – $17.99) I love that this liner pairs perfectly with the Ofra liquid lipstick and will probably be rocking the two often. Also a win, it’s a gel liner which is obviously better than wooden ones, so that’s a plus.
Total box value: $106.84
All in all, this box was 10 in my book! I could see myself using many, if not all, of the products frequently which makes that $21 well spent!
See you here next month with 2 BOXYCHARM reviews! In the meantime, if you’d like to subscribe to the beauty boxy service, click here.
Can’t get enough of FabAve? Let’s get social: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin’ and Pinterest!