I would easily consider these ten items to be
fall essentials that could seamlessly work with your already existing wardrobe.
If you’re a minimalist, then this is an super simple, yet stylish, capsule
wardrobe collection for you, but if you’re a clothes hoarder, like me, then
these pieces will only compliment your fall look.
1// Shirt Dress – a dress that can be worn for
all occasions is a must; find the silhouette that works with your body type and
is appropriate for your lifestyle.
- keep it simple and wear it on its own with
Converse (weekend friendly), ankle
boots (date night) or flats (office appropriate)
- throw a cardigan or denim jacket on top
- remix a dress by layering a chambray shirt underneath
or style it like a skirt and top it off with a stripe tee
2// Stripe tee – a stripe shirt is necessary in
all wardrobes, no matter the gender, lifestyle or body type.
- do the Parisian thing and wear with skinny
jeans, booties and a swipe of red lipstick
- mix it up with printed accessories like
topping it with a plaid shirt or pairing it with leopard flats
- tuck it into a pencil skirt for the office or
knotted at the waist for the weekend
3// Plaid shirt – a plaid shirt is not only an
essential fall staple but classic one at that!
- tucked into high waist skinny jeans and heels
for a little polish
- layered overtop a white tee with boyfriend
jeans and sneakers for brunch
- buttoned up and worn underneath a little
black dress for the office
4// Military Jacket – an olive military jacket
is definitely a fall must have that pairs with just about anything and can be
transitioned into spring.
- draped over your shoulder and paired with a floral
dress and ankle boots for a modern take on boho
- worn over top a stripe tee, coated skinnies
and flats for the movies
5// Boyfriend Cardigan – a neutral cardigan (camel, navy or gray) adds a layer a
warmth while also keeping your look stylish
- paired with jeans, a white tee and Converse
for a cabin weekend
- worn over top a dress for a cozy date night
6// Fringe Ankle Boots – fringe is all the rage
this fall, so I suggest you snatch yourself a pair!
- a tan or cognac pair go with just about
anything while keeping looks neutral
- a classic black pair will dress outfits up a
bit while still keeping your look fun
7// Dark Wash Distressed Denim – in whatever
style you prefer (boyfriend, skinny,
flared), distressed dark wash denim are where it’s at for fall.
- can be paired with all top options under the
- can be worn with any and all footwear options
8// Leopard Print Heels/Flats – whether you’re all
about adding some height or prefer keeping things comfortable (like me!), a leopard pair of
flats/heels are a must for fall.
- remember leopard print is a neutral
- if you’re opting for flats, choose a pair
that can be dressed up or dressed down
9// Coated Jeans – a good pair of coated denim
in black is a chic essential to have on the ready for fall.
- paired with a stripe tee and converse for an
effortless cool girl look
- throw them on with booties and a plaid shirt
for a night out with the girls
10// Chambray Shirt – a seasonless staple, a
chambray shirt can be dressed up or down and is appropriate for any occasion.
- tucked into a pencil skirt and topped off
with a blazer for your 9-5
- layered overtop a stripe tee and coated denim
for happy hour
- buttoned up and layered underneath a knit
sweater for a polished preppy look