I’d like to warn ya’ll first and foremost that most of the pieces that I bought this month aren’t shoppable via this post. I’ve been on a ‘I don’t want what wear what everyone else is wearing’ kick lately, and I think that’s fairly apparent with my latest wardrobe acquisitions. In any case, I did try to link to similar pieces and labeled them with the price that I paid, not the price of the item linked.
- J Brand Capri Denim via TJ Maxx originally $69.99 + $40 giftcard = $29.99
- Saint Topaz West Blazer TJ Maxx [similar] $29.99
- Printed Jumpsuit TJ Maxx [similar] $49.99
- Cargo Pants via TJ Maxx [similar] $19.99
- Dip Back Tee via TJ Maxx $12
- Lucky Brand Wedges via TJ Maxx $39.99
- Target Two Piece Flats originally $22.99 + 50% sale = $17.24 (returning)
- Target Jeweled Sandals originally $22.99 + 50% sale = $17.24
- Target Cognac Flats originally $16 +50% sale = $12.74
- Thrifted Floral Maxi Dress [similar] $14.99
- Thrifted Midi Dress [similar] $9.99
- Thrifted Vintage Peplum Top [similar] $7.99
Total Spent: $262.14 (saved:$44.75)
Let’s just state the obvious – I’m a yo-yo shopper. I’d like to justify my excessive shopping this month to the fact that I was looking to sprinkle in some new items into my spring wardrobe. Is that a valid reason to throw cautions to the wind, definitely not, but hey you live and you learn. My entire March budget was comprised of impulse buys except for the white blazer (similar) I picked up at TJ Maxx (worn here). I went there for the sole purpose to acquire myself a pristine white blazer and in the process happen to spot the J Brand capris (worn here) out of the corner of my eye. I actually also spotted a long white vest that I’d like to add to my closet, but I figured I’d wait till next month and see if I’m still craving it. Hashtag shopaholic.
A different TJ Maxx haul produced the most perfect printed jumper (similar), a great pair of cargo pants (similar), a great basic tee that was totally superfluous (seen here) and a great pair of Lucky Brand nude wedges that’ll do me well this Spring/Summer (seen on Instagram here, here and here). I tell ya, I love me a great discount department store!
I also scored some great thrift finds. I picked up two mom approved dress – a maxi (similar) and a midi (similar), as well as a polka dot vintage top (similar) which you’ll see on the blog later this week. One of the dresses for sure will be my Easter dress, I just haven’t decided which one.
And last but not least, some goodies from Target of course. I just had to have these ankle strap jeweled sandals for spring and these flats for everyday, but these two-piece flats are going back. They’re just not my style but I wish they were.
Linking up with Franish’s Budgeting Bloggers!
Can’t get enough of FabAve? Let’s get social: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin’ and Pinterest!