Reading back at these updates it’s like she’s changed yet has stayed the same these last nine months. There are days where I look her in the eyes and see the person she’ll grow up to be: curious, strong-willed, and cautious, yet full of courageous spirit. I may be wrong but I guess we’ll see.
Routine: Nothing has really changed as far as our routine goes. She did battle her second ear infection and an upper respiratory infection, complete with a runny nose, wet cough and pretty high fever. This caused a bit of a sleep regression, but she’s recovering like a champ. There were nights where she had to cuddle with either me or Kevin in order to fall asleep. However since she’s feeling better things have gotten back to normal.
Napping/Sleeping: I was jumping for joy when months went by and Remy was favoring sleeping on her side but then she got sick and BAM, Remy’s now a tummy sleeper. You are advised against allowing this as a parent (until the age of 2 for the fear of SIDS – Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) so I was nervous and reluctant to let Remy sleep on her stomach, but after advising with mommies on Instagram many said it was okay since she’s able to flip from her tummy to her back without assistance. It still freaks me out a little bit but home girl likes it and I probably can’t stop it so why fight it. Oh, and with the exception of her sick nights, Remy has successfully slept in her crib for 2 months! Bye bye, bassinet!
Eating: During those few days she was miserably sick, Remy barely had an appetite. She would hardly finish her baby food and we were lucky if she took 4oz of her bottle (she typically takes 6oz with each meal). Now that she’s feeling better her appetite is back and better than ever!
We are working on eating solids but girlfriend isn’t a big fan of chunky foods. She enjoyed some avocado but was hesitant to keep it in her mouth for the first few bites. I had to watch her like a hawk and make sure she didn’t spit it out. I really should keep trying to introduce more solids into her diet but it’s hard and messy!? She does enjoy freeze-dried yogurt fruit snacks and it has really been a great help with practicing with solids.
Growth: Home girl is in the 80th percentile on the growth charts for 9 months olds! She weighs 20.19 pounds, is 28.7 inches long (88th %), and has a head circumference of 17.75! She’s getting so heavy for me to carry her comfortably but hey, it’s a workout for my biceps!
She currently has three bottom teeth and is working on cutting her two top ones. You could see them almost break through. Let’s hope this happens without much trouble.
She is still wearing size 3 diapers comfortably for now. I’m wondering when we’ll have to size up. She is still wearing some of her 6 months clothing, but she’s starting look like the Incredible Hulk, so I’m guessing those are going into storage soon. The rest of her clothe are 9+ and she is wearing size 2 shoes.
- She blows kisses. Well technically she doesn’t blow them but she will make a kissing noise from across the room and expect one back. And you always send one back;)
- She is SO CLOSE to crawling!?! I just need to relax and let her figure it out on her own. I think I’m pushing her too much. Great, I’m going to be that mom.
- While she may not be crawling, she definitely knows how to get around. She can easily get from one side of the room to the other all while scooting. She uses on leg to lead and the other scoots underneath her. Sadly she has a rug burn on the stabilizing leg.
- Remy enjoyed the girls weekend we had a couple weeks back and loved meeting her auntie Natalie!
- Kevin taught her how to high-five. It’s pretty cute. We are now working on fist bumps;).
- If you lead her (hold her hands while standing) she’ll walk with you. She looks so accomplished when she takes steps with you.
- We think she’s figured out hi. If you wave to her and say hi she’ll do the same. But it doesn’t happen every time.
- Remy enjoyed her first time at the park, compete with her first swing ride and a trip down the slide (I accompanied her). She loved the swings and had the biggest smile on her face the entire time!
I wonder what her 10th month will have in store for us? Will she finally crawl within the next month? Eat solids? Only time will tell;)