I have a six month old child. Holy.Crap! How ridiculous is that?! If you know me personally, the fact that I have a child at all is a ridiculous notion to digest. I’m a responsible(ish) adult, guys!
Lately I’ve been comparing Remy’s development to other babies her age and I’ve been realizing that I’ve got to kick that habit to the curve. I seriously need to realize that all babies have their own developmental and growth timeline. Something to work on for the New Year.
Routine: We are still on a pretty steady routine at Casa de Mason. I’m happy to report that we have been in a stable groove that works for everyone, something I didn’t think was possible so early on with a child, but we’ve been good for the last couple of months! However this leads me to believe that at any moment our world is going to be flipped upside-down, and I’m as prepared as I can be for this possible change.
Napping/Sleeping: I seriously can’t complain, home girl sleeps through the night! I feel like I sound like a broke record, and I understand that I’m one of the lucky moms that has a child that is an exceptionally good sleeper, but I feel like this is something that I’m allowed to be proud of.
Crib update: This is more of a clingy mom update. Remy still sleeps in the bassinet in our room, something that I want to change but I just love having her close by where I can see her. Visual monitors will hopefully be getting purchased soon so that we can rectify this situation.
Eating: Remy currently takes 6oz of breast milk and is on a three hour feeding schedule. During her ‘dinner’ feeding (typically at 5 or 5:30), she eats 4oz of baby food followed by me nursing her. Remy loves baby food! Her current favorites include winter squash, a beets, banana, and blueberry combo, and carrots. She absolutely hates peas! She hasn’t finished any of the baby purees that are exclusively peas but if peas are one of the ingredients she usually doesn’t mind that.
Growth: Miss Remy is up 3 pounds from her four month checkup! She is in the 75 percentile for her age, weighing in at 17 lbs 7 ounces. She is also in the 75 percentile on the length chart at 26.5 inches long. Her head is still growing, coming in at 16.75 inches in circumference, and her next wellness checkup isn’t until she’s 9 months old!? Doesn’t that seem so far away?
- She has 4 different smiles in her arsenal. (1) She has her morning smile, which assures you that the day will be phenomenal, no matter what. It’s cute, it’s bright, and it has a great impact on your day; (2) her mischievous smile. You can tell she’s up to something or thinking about doing something she’s not supposed to. It’s a little crooked and super adorable; (3) her smile of acknowledgement. She knows who you are and she’s happy to see you; and lastly, by far my favorite smile of all (4) her goofy, ear to ear, ‘I’m the happiest baby on Earth’ smile. Remy reserves this smile for times you make her giggle, for toe nibbles, and for raspberries!
- Girlfriend has some curly hair! She currently has big, soft curls that looks funny when they air dries but its super cute regardless. I want to teach her how to embrace her curly hair as she grows up, something I never did in my youth. Speaking of hair, sometimes I’m convinced that she’s going to be a blonde. Some of the hairs on her head are really light and you could barely see them until she’s in the sun. Maybe she’ll have a dirty blonde hair like her daddy?
- She’s almost sitting up by herself! She still needs a little assistance if it’s for a long period of time, but for a couple of minutes she sits up independently! Thatis until she starts giggling and falls over, which is fun too! Each day she’s getting better.
- Kevin and I are convinced Remy is going to skip crawling and go straight to walking.
- Remy met her future BFF, Finley, a couple days ago. They are 6 months apart and I can’t wait to see them grow up together!
When people tell you that time flies after you have a baby, they are so right. These moments are fleeting. I try to milk every single minute I spend with my little bear on a daily basis. I love seeing her personality come through with each smile and her attempts a communicating with Kevin and I. We’ve got ourselves a little spitfire on our hands, and I wouldn’t have it any other way:)